Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rights to the stories

Give credit where credit is due.
The stories I post here were originally posted on free sites such as forums or blogs (which do not host ads). No author was cheated of his income by me, and I give due credit. But if you are sure you do not want your story posted here, email me and I will remove it.

It is just that, generally, what is posted to the Internet gets linked and copied and maybe even reproduced elsewhere. It is hard to keep a good story down. I think it is more important to give proper credits to the original authors.

Plagiarism
Stealing someone's story and publishing it as your own is quite another issue. I always make it clear that the stories were written by someone else. If I'm not sure who, I will put it as author unknown.

No comments: